These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the Utica Observer-Dispatch Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 1817 as the Utica Observer, The Observer-Dispatch is the largest daily broadsheet newspaper serving the Utica-Rome metropolitan area in Central New York, circulating in Oneida County, Herkimer County, and parts of Madison County. The current editor is Ron Johns.
Funded by / Ownership
The Utica Observer-Dispatch is owned by Gatehouse Media, which recently purchased and merged with Gannett the owner of the flagship paper USA Today. The paper is funded through advertising and subscription fees.
Analysis / Bias
In review, local news is covered through journalists and with minimal bias in wording such as this: Did City of Utica violate its own zoning code?. National news comes from the Associated Press, Washington Post, and other Gatehouse owned papers. Editorially, the Utica Observer-Dispatch is mostly balanced with slight favoritism to the left.
A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate the Utica Observer-Dispatch Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 9/13/2019)
Last Updated on November 16, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds
- Facebook promised to remove “sensitive” ads. Here’s what it left behind.by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm
- Schumer implores Fox News leaders to stop ‘amplification’ of ‘replacement theory’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 11:54 am