The Twiner-Herald is a daily print newspaper published in Woodbine, Iowa, United States. The paper covers news, sports, entertainment, lifestyle, and opinion for Woodbine and the surrounding area. loganwoodbine.com serves as the domain for the online version of the newspaper.
Funded by / Ownership
Lee Enterprises owns and publishes the Twiner-Herald. According to Open Secrets, Lee Enterprises donated 88% of its money to Republican politicians from 1990 until 2016. However, during the 2020 election cycle, they donated 70% to Democratic candidates and causes. Advertising and subscription fees generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Twiner-Herald reports on news, sports, weather, crime, and entertainment for the greater Woodbine region. Reporters demonstrate minimal bias when reporting local news, such as this Verdict for Erlbacher – guilty of murder in the first degree. Further, the website publishes national and international news from the Associated Press. Finally, all information is sourced via first-person accounts or through credible media.
Editorially, the Twiner-Herald reasonably represents both sides. A review of editorial articles demonstrates a reasonable low bias; however, slightly more op-eds favor the right. While more op-eds favor the right, liberal perspectives have fair representation; therefore, they earn a least biased rating on the right side of the scale. In general, the news is reported factually and with minimal bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Twiner-Herald Least Biased based on reasonably balanced editorial positions that slightly favor the right. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 12/26/2021)
Last Updated on January 7, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finnish, Swedish Lawmakers To Debate NATO Membership As Moscow Warns Nordic NATO Plans A ‘Grave Mistake’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 12:06 pm
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am