These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appealing to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate the Big Think Least Biased based on story selection that is generally pro-Science and objective. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing of information and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2007 by Victoria Brown and Peter Hopkins, Big Think is a web portal that features interviews, multimedia presentations, and roundtable discussions with speakers from various fields. Victoria Brown is the acting CEO. Peter Hopkins is the acting president of the company.
Funded by / Ownership
The Big Think is privately owned. Some of the initial investors in the project were Peter Thiel from PayPal, Tom Scott of Nantucket Nectars, television producer Gary David Goldberg, lead investor and venture capitalist David Frankel, and former Harvard University President Lawrence Summers. Revenue is generated through advertising, sponsored content, and subscriptions to the website’s E-learning platform.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Big Think publishes interviews, videos, and news that utilizes minimally loaded words such as this, U.S. birthrate hits 32-year low. Here’s why that’s not (yet) a problem. This story is appropriately sourced to credible outlets. In fact, all stories are credibly sourced and science-based. Editorially, there is minimal bias, as evidenced by these mixed articles related to Donald Trump.
When reviewing this site, I was torn between placing this source in Pro-Science or Least Biased, but I felt Least Biased is more appropriate because they do some fact checks and touch on some political issues. Everything here is sourced and delivered by experts in the given fields.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Big Think Least Biased based on story selection that is generally pro-Science and objective. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing of information and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 2/18/2017) Updated (04/01/2022)
Last Updated on April 1, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/17/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 10:15 am