These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using an appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate Big News Network Least Biased based on balanced story selection and Mostly Factual for reporting due to a clean fact check record and not properly using hyperlinks for sourcing.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: MOSTLY FACTUAL
Country: United Arab Emirates
Press Freedom Rating: LIMITED FREEDOM
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Launched in 1998 by Hayden Enterprises, Big News Network is an online news service based in Dubai/UAE, and its main office is in Sydney, Australia. Big News Network originates its own news and aggregates some content. Additionally, BigNewsNetwork.Net, which is separate from BigNewsNetwork.com, consists of a network of news portals covering all the countries and their major cities, regions, and U.S. states. In their own words, they “propagate news content resourced for each major region, country, city, and U.S. state and each major industry sector, business, and sports.”
They provide breaking news on health, the Internet, Technology, Sport, and Business & Finance. In November 2013, the company became a shareholder in Ireland’s iRadio FM radio network.
Funded by / Ownership
The Owner and operator of Big News Network are Big News Network FZ LLC, a company incorporated in the United Arab Emirates. Administering the News.Net network on behalf of Big News Network is Mainstream Media Limited, a company based in the UK. At the same time, their eNewspapers are distributed by the Midwest Radio Network, a company incorporated in Sydney, Australia, in 1938.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Big News Network utilizes minimally loaded language in their headlines and articles, such as “Giuliani admits he is aiming to delegitimize Mueller’s probe.” In news articles, they use large blocks of quotes such as “U.S. Deputy Attorney-General Rod Rosenstein said that action would be taken if any infiltration was found and added, “If anyone did infiltrate or surveil participants in a presidential campaign for inappropriate purposes, we need to know about it and take appropriate action.” However, they fail to provide links to the source of the quote. Big News Network is low biased and balanced in news reporting, but they fail to utilize hyperlinked sources.
Failed Fact Checks
- Noe to date
Overall, we rate Big News Network Least Biased based on balanced story selection and Mostly Factual for reporting due to a clean fact check record and not properly using hyperlinks for sourcing. (M. Huitsing 5/29/2018) Updated (04/01/2022)
Last Updated on April 1, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Daily Source Bias Check: End the Fedby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 26, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 25, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Electronic Intifadaby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 25, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/24/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 24, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Vindicatorby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 24, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/23/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 23, 2022 at 10:30 am