A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
Update: This source is no longer online.
- Overall, we rate TheDonald.Win Extreme Right Biased and Questionable based on the promotion of conspiracy theories, propaganda, and hate, use of poor sources, a complete lack of transparency, and frequent publication of false information.
Reasoning: Extreme Right, Conspiracy, Propaganda, Hate, Lack of Transparency, False Information, Fake News
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in July 2019, TheDonald.Win is a website that is designed to mimic Reddit. In fact, this website was created after the subreddit /r/The_Donald was quarantined for violating content policy and was then completely banned in July 2020, when Reddit updated its content policy prohibiting hate speech.
The website is run anonymously through moderators as well as anonymous posters who publish news stories that can either be upvoted and downvoted.
A description of the TheDonald.Win reads “Welcome to the forum of choice for The President of The United States, Donald Trump! Be advised this forum is for serious supporters of President Trump. We have discussions, memes, AMAs, and more. We are not politically correct.” Further, the website displays a picture of Donald Trump hugging Pepe the Frog, which is a symbol of racist, anti-Semitic, or other bigoted themes.
Read our profile on United States government and media.
Funded by / Ownership
TheDonald.Win completely lacks transparency as they do not disclose ownership. There does not appear to be a source of revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, TheDonald.Win allows anyone who has signed up to post news articles, memes, and information anonymously. Like Reddit they have rules that they list as:
- This is The Donald. Our community is a high-energy Trump rally. There are no exceptions.
- No posts or comments that violate laws in your jurisdiction or the United States. The Feds are always watching!
- No racism, including slurs, non-factual content, and general unfounded bigotry.
- No doxing, including revealing personal information of non-public figures, as well as addresses, phone numbers, etc. of public figures.
- Be respectful to fellow The Donald community members.
- Linking or promoting merchandise, fundraising, or spamming personal websites, blogs, or channels is not permitted.
- Remember, you represent the movement against Globalism, Communism, and Progressive Insanity. Your comments and posts may become news.
We do not see evidence that these rules are followed, but we do know that posts are allowed to be posted without vetting. They may be downvoted or removed later, but any type of content appears allowable initially. Further, we found numerous debunked conspiracies and racist content that were not removed. See below.
The website site breaks posts down into categories such as HOT, NEWS, RISING, and TOP. As stated, members publish news and information from a variety of sources, many of which we have rated poorly such as the Gateway Pundit (Questionable) PJ Media (Questionable), Rush Limbaugh (Questionable), and Banned.Video (Questionable). The content of posts lies along the extreme right with the frequent publication of racist memes, which we will not share. Posters also publish patently false information such as this Good morning MAGS! Just a reminder, George Soros, born to a wealthy Jewish family in Hungary, posed as a Christian in 1940’s and actively helped Nazis seize Jewish property and ship off fellow Jews and countrymen to concentration camps. He is the Left’s piggy bank and Morale navigator. Take care! (youtu.be). This is ridiculous as Soros is Jewish and his family was trying to escape the Nazis, but he was also born in 1930 and was only 15 when WWII ended. Do the math.
During the Covid-19 outbreak of 2020, TheDonald.Win frequently published false information such as Covid being a bioweapon as well as the thoroughly debunked Seth Rich murder conspiracy. Finally, during the 2020 Presidential Election, TheDonald.Win promoted numerous false claims and misinformation regarding election fraud such as this Sidney Powell TRIPLES DOWN on the servers recovered in Germany “There were lines into the servers from FOUR foreign countries.” This is a blatant lie. In general, the information on this site comes from an extreme right perspective and most times is not credible or factual. That doesn’t mean all stories are false, it just means that there are enough false stories to call this source questionable and low for factual reporting.
Failed Fact Checks
- TheDonald.Win does not produce original content and therefore has not been fact-checked. However, we provide examples above as well list sources they use that has failed numerous fact checks.
Overall, we rate TheDonald.Win Extreme Right Biased and Questionable based on the promotion of conspiracy theories, propaganda, and hate, use of poor sources, a complete lack of transparency and frequent publication of false information. (D. Van Zandt 11/25/2020)
Last Updated on April 21, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
Left vs. Right Bias: How we rate the bias of media sources