These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate The Times (Illinois) Least Biased based on a balanced editorial page and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
According to their about page “The Times is the ninth-oldest newspaper in Illinois and covers the Starved Rock Country region, which includes La Salle County and surrounding counties.”
Funded by / Ownership
The Times (Illinois) is owned by Shaw Media, which owns around 80 small to mid-sized newspapers. The newspaper is funded through a subscription and advertising model.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Times covers local and state news through the use of journalists with minimal loaded words. All information is properly sourced to credible media outlets. Editorially, The Times provides a balance of views.
A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate The Times (Illinois) Least Biased based on a balanced editorial page and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing. (D. Van Zandt 9/1/2018)
Last Updated on November 15, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finnish, Swedish Lawmakers To Debate NATO Membership As Moscow Warns Nordic NATO Plans A ‘Grave Mistake’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 12:06 pm
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am