These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Ceasefire Magazine Left Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that strongly favors the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to credible sourcing of information and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: United Kingdom
World Press Freedom Rank: UK 33/180
Ceasefire is a British-based quarterly journal established in 2002. Ceasefire covers news, politics, reviews, analysis, art and culture. In their own words they cover “a wide range of topics – from Arthouse to Žižek.” Hicham Yezza, is the founder and editor-in-chief. For a list of all writers and staff see here.
Read our profile on UK government influence on media.
Funded by / Ownership
Hicham Yezza, is the founder and owner of Ceasefire. They state “We are entirely reader-sustained and accept no advertising or corporate/government funding of any kind.” They accept donations from readers to generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Ceasefire publishes articles with emotionally loaded headlines such as “Has the world forgotten about Jamal Khashoggi?”
They also publish articles strongly biased both against the Labor party such as this: “What kind of Labour anti-racist movement do we want? A quote from the article reads “Given the history of Labour and its role as an administrator of capitalism within the British state, something that isn’t going to change with Corbyn” and against the Conservative party such as “Hollow Man: Boris Johnson’s delusions of grandeur won’t survive reality.” and this Chronicle of a Coup Foretold: Boris Johnson’s assault on democracy must be stopped. Boris Johnson is currently serving as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom and Leader of the Conservative Party.
In the past, Ceasefire published scientific articles such as “Beyond the Higgs Boson: can future choices really affect the past?” However, the last article was published in 2012. Ceasefire also conducts interviews such as this with Former Greek Minister of Finance, Yanis Varoufakis: “Never before have we had so much money, yet so little investment in what humanity needs.”
A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate Ceasefire Magazine Left Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that strongly favors the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to credible sourcing of information and a clean fact check record. (M. Huitsing 12/30/2019)
Last Updated on March 8, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Taliban enforces face-cover order for female TV anchorsby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 2:43 pm
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am