- Overall, we rate The Spokesman-Review Least Biased based on story selection and editorial positions. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Funded by / Ownership
The Spokesman-Review is owned by the Cowles Company, which owns several small TV stations and manufacturing companies in the Pacific Northwest. Revenue is derived through subscriptions, advertising, and sponsored content.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Spokesman-Review covers locals news with minimal bias such as this Pullman police have issued 10 nuisance party infractions in less than a week. National and international news is derived from the Associated Press.
Editorially, The Spokesman-Review endorsed Hillary Clinton for President in 2016. A review of op-eds also reveals a mixed bag of opinions. This is a mostly least biased source based on balanced op-eds and no failed fact checks.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate The Spokesman-Review Least Biased based on story selection and editorial positions. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (10/7/2016) Updated (D. Van Zandt 9/02/2020)
Last Updated on September 2, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Russia to close Moscow bureau of CBC News in retaliationby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:52 pm
- Biden Expresses Strong Support For Finland, Sweden NATO Bidsby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds