Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2007, World Politics Review provides news, analysis for an audience with a moderate liberal perspective. According to their about page “WPR seeks to strike a balance between the two dominant schools of international relations, realism and liberal internationalism, combining an effort to see the world as it is with a preference for diplomacy and multilateralism in support of a rules- and norms-based global order.” The current editor-in-chief is Judah Grunstein.
Funded by / Ownership
World Politics Review is owned by Hampton Stevens, who is a former reporter for the State News Service of Washington. Revenue is derived through advertising and subscription fees.
Analysis / Bias
In review, World Politics Review covers news international, national, and political news from a left-leaning perspective. For example, The Image of America Yanking Away the Welcome Mat Will Outlast Trump. In another story, they support the consensus of science with climate change. They also frequently report negatively on President Trump such as this Trump Is a Bad Joke That America Has Played on Itself—and the World. In general, they report news factually and with a left-leaning bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate World Politics Review Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the left and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (8/12/2016) Updated (D. Van Zandt 8/6/2020)
Last Updated on October 17, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Australia set to get new PM after Scott Morrison’s ruling conservatives projected to lose electionby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 12:53 pm
- Biden says US has offered vaccines to North Korea but got no responseby newsfactsnetwork on May 21, 2022 at 12:43 pm
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: International Press Instituteby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/21/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. stops controlled burns nationwide after New Mexico disasterby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 3:43 am