These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate The Progressive Frontier borderline extreme left biased due to story selection and wording that always favors the left, and Mixed for factual reporting based on misleading tags.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
The Progressive Frontier is a news and opinion website founded in 2017. According to their about page they “want to see a progressive future, just like you do. We may not always agree on the best way to get there, but in the end, we will work together.”
Funded by / Ownership
The website does not specifically list who owns or edits the website, but it appears the website is co-founded by Manny Schewitz who is a progressive and registered Democrat, and Renee D. Webb who is a Recovering Conservative living at the intersection of the Bible Belt and Hypocrisy Highway. The website is funded through online advertising.
Analysis / Bias
The Progressive Frontier has two information categories broken up as News and Commentary. The news category tends to use minimal loaded words such as this: Pentagon: Transgender Troop Enlistment Delayed. While there is left-leaning opinion interjected into the article, it is kept at a minimum. The second category called “commentary” is quite different. There is excessive use of loaded language such as this: Dear Trump Supporting Bigots: Fuck Your Feelings. Sincerely, The Rest of America. Although the language is extremely left biased all information is properly sourced to credible media outlets. A factual search reveals The Progressive Frontier has never failed a fact check. Although, we cannot find a failed fact check the site is misleading as their commentary page is empty. This makes it difficult to discern opinion pieces from actual news stories.
Overall, we rate The Progressive Frontier borderline extreme left biased due to story selection and wording that always favors the left, and Mixed for factual reporting based on misleading tags. (D. Van Zandt 6/30/2018) Updated (6/8/2019)
Last Updated on November 5, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am