These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate The Frontier Left-Center biased based on story selection that moderately favors the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2016, The Frontier is an investigative journalism website based in Tulsa, Oklahoma. According to their about page the “mission is to hold public officials accountable, give a voice to the powerless and tell the stories that others are afraid to tell, or that illuminate the lives of people in our community. We will shine a light on hypocrisy, fraud, abuse, and wrongdoing at all levels in our community and state.” The current editor in chief is Dylan Goforth.
Funded by / Ownership
The website discloses that the “Frontier is a nonprofit corporation operated by The Frontier Media Group Inc. The corporation is overseen by a board that includes Robert Lorton III and Ziva Branstetter.” The Frontier generates revenue through a donation model and does not feature advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Frontier produces long-form investigative journalism pieces with minimal use of loaded language such as this: More than 40 Oklahoma officers banned for sex crime convictions in last five years, records show. This story like all others on the website is properly sourced to credible media outlets, quotes, and first-person accounts. Story selection tends to favor the left, with many investigations covering abuse by police, social injustice, and environmental issues. Further, as of 6/8/2019, The Frontier is a local newsroom for the Pulitzer Prize-winning Propublica. In general, this is a factual publication that leans left editorially.
A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate The Frontier Left-Center biased based on story selection that moderately favors the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 6/8/2019)
Last Updated on October 28, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Russia to close Moscow bureau of CBC News in retaliationby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:52 pm
- Biden Expresses Strong Support For Finland, Sweden NATO Bidsby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 6:53 pm
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds