The Morning News is a newspaper published in Florence, South Carolina, United States. The paper covers news, sports, entertainment, lifestyle, and opinion for Florence and the surrounding area. scnow.com serves as the domain for the online version of the newspaper.
Funded by / Ownership
Lee Enterprises owns and publishes The Morning News. According to Open Secrets, Lee Enterprises donated 88% of its money to Republican politicians from 1990 until 2016. However, during the 2020 election cycle, they donated 70% to Democratic candidates and causes. Advertising and subscription fees generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Morning News reports on news, sports, weather, crime, and entertainment for the greater Florence, South Carolina region. Reporters demonstrate minimal bias when reporting local news, such as this Florence police serve search warrant, find drugs, guns and money. Further, the website publishes national and international news from the Associated Press. Finally, all information is sourced via first-person accounts or through credible media.
Editorially, The Morning News reasonably represents both sides. A review of editorial articles demonstrates a reasonable low bias; however, slightly more op-eds favor the right. While more op-eds favor the right, liberal perspectives have fair representation; therefore, they earn a least biased rating on the right side of the scale. In general, the news is reported factually and with minimal bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate The Morning News Least Biased based on reasonably balanced editorial positions that slightly favor the right. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 05/05/2022)
Last Updated on May 12, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Facebook promised to remove “sensitive” ads. Here’s what it left behind.by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm
- Schumer implores Fox News leaders to stop ‘amplification’ of ‘replacement theory’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 11:54 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/18/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 10:15 am
- Madison Cawthorn concedes to Chuck Edwards in North Carolinaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:43 am
- Far-right election denier Mastriano wins GOP race for governor in Pennsylvaniaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 7:43 am