A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency, and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact-checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate The Last Refuge (Conservative Treehouse) far-right biased and questionable based on the use of poor sources, promotion of propaganda and conspiracy theories, a complete lack of transparency, and numerous failed fact checks.
Reasoning: Poor Sourcing, Propaganda, Conspiracy, Lack of Transparency, Fake News, False Claims
Bias Rating: EXTREME RIGHT
Factual Reporting: LOW
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
The Last Refuge is a conservative news and opinion blog that encourages comments on their posts. According to their about page: “Fear is at the core of liberalism, and love/trust is at the core of conservatism. Liberalism is about control. Conservatism is about self-empowerment.” This biased statement is reflected in the content of the website.
The website lacks transparency as it does not cite authors or disclose authors, ownership, or location.
Funded by / Ownership
The Last Refuge does not indicate who owns the website. Advertising and donations generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Last Refuge (Conservative Treehouse) reports news with a strong conservative bias, with all stories favoring the right and denigrating the left. There is considerable use of loaded language in headlines like Sketchy Business: Grassley Releases Original Ford Letter to Feinstein… Although this article is written well and utilizes sourcing, it ends in big, bold letters LIES!, conveying strong support for Judge Kavanaugh without evidence. They also list a blogroll of favorite/similar media sources that come straight from our right bias and questionable sources list. Here are a few examples: Gateway Pundit (questionable), Geller Report (questionable), Jihad Watch (questionable), and Truth Revolt (questionable). In general, the Conservative TreeHouse promotes strongly right biased propaganda and is often not factual.
Failed Fact Checks
Overall, we rate The Last Refuge (Conservative Treehouse) far-right biased and questionable based on the use of poor sources, promotion of propaganda and conspiracy theories, a complete lack of transparency, and numerous failed fact checks. (D. Van Zandt 8/1/2017) Updated (10/7/2021)
Last Updated on October 7, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/17/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 10:15 am