Reasoning: Propaganda, Conspiracy, Poor Sourcing, False Claims
Bias Rating: EXTREME RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2009 by Richard Mitchell, the Conservative Daily News is a news and opinion website with a strong right-wing bias in reporting. According to their about page, “CDN runs an open editorial policy. No articles are censored just because they don’t toe a certain editorial line. As long as opinion posts are something Conservative readers might be interested in, they get published.”
Funded by / Ownership
Richard Mitchell owns Conservative Daily News through Bald Eagle Media LLC. Revenue is derived through advertising and sponsored content.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Conservative Daily News publishes conservative news stories from other sources, such as the Daily Caller, as well as original summarized reports and commentary. Articles and headlines feature emotionally loaded language, such as this Greatest Magic Trick: The Most Fraudulent Election In History! Regarding election fraud, they have consistently promoted misinformation such as this Exposing Illegal Democrat Voter Fraud Shenanigans, where they state that Wisconsin had more people vote than registered voters, which is false.
Further, during the Coronavirus outbreak, they frequently downplayed the virus. They promoted conspiracy theories about mask-wearing, such as this, Is Not Wearing a Face Mask the New ‘Yellow Star’. Finally, they have also promoted the false claim that death totals are inflated, such as The Media Spun The Gateway Pundit’s ‘6% of COVID-19 Deaths’ Article’s Narrative. It should be pointed out that the Gateway Pundit is not a reliable or credible news source as they have failed numerous fact checks.
Editorially, all stories favor the right, particularly former President Donald Trump. Generally, the news is not always reported factually and often with an extreme right-leaning bias that amounts to propaganda for conservatives.
Failed Fact Check
- We cannot find a record of them being fact-checked; however, we point out three examples above, and they use poor sources who frequently failed fact checks.
Overall, we rate the Conservative Daily News as far-Right Biased and questionable based on promoting conservative propaganda, using poor sources, and frequently publishing false information. (D. Van Zandt 1/19/2017) Updated (07/22/2022)
Last Updated on July 22, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/03/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Emirates 24/7by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 8:01 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Out Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/01/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Republic (Indiana)by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 8:00 am