Reasoning: Extreme Right, Propaganda, Conspiracy, Poor Sourcing, False Claims
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2009 by Richard Mitchell, the Conservative Daily News is a news and opinion website with a strong right-wing bias in reporting. According to their about page “CDN runs an open editorial policy. No articles are censored just because they don’t toe a certain editorial line. As long as opinion posts are something Conservative readers might be interested in, they get published.”
Funded by / Ownership
Conservative Daily News is owned by Richard Mitchell through Bald Eagle Media LLC. Revenue is derived through advertising and sponsored content.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Conservative Daily News publishes conservative news stories from other sources such as the Daily Caller as well as original summarized stories and commentary. Articles and headlines feature emotionally loaded language such as this Greatest Magic Trick: The Most Fraudulent Election In History! Regarding election fraud, they have consistently promoted misinformation such as this Exposing Illegal Democrat Voter Fraud Shenanigans, where they state that Wisconsin had more people vote than registered voters, which is false. Further, during the Coronavirus outbreak, they frequently downplayed the virus and promoted conspiracy theories related to mask-wearing such as this, Is Not Wearing a Face Mask the New ‘Yellow Star’. Finally, they have also promoted the false claim that death totals are inflated such as this The Media Spun The Gateway Pundit’s ‘6% of COVID-19 Deaths’ Article’s Narrative. It should be pointed out that the Gateway Pundit is not a reliable or credible news source as they have failed numerous fact checks.
Editorially, all stories favor the right and in particular former President Donald Trump. In general, the news is not always reported factually and often with an extreme right-leaning bias that amounts to propaganda for conservatives.
Failed Fact Check
- We cannot find a record of them being directly fact-checked, however, we point out three examples above and they use poor sources who frequently failed fact checks.
Overall, we rate the Conservative Daily News far-Right Biased and questionable based on the promotion of conservative propaganda, the use of poor sources, and frequently publishing false information. (D. Van Zandt 1/19/2017) Updated (1/2/2021)
Last Updated on January 2, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finnish, Swedish Lawmakers To Debate NATO Membership As Moscow Warns Nordic NATO Plans A ‘Grave Mistake’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 12:06 pm
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am