A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency, and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be untrustworthy and should be fact-checked per article. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate The Freedom Times Far-Right Biased and Questionable due to a lack of transparency, poor sourcing, promoting conspiracy theories, and publishing demonstrably false claims.
Reasoning: Lack of Transparency, Poor Sourcing, Conspiracy, False Claims
Bias Rating: EXTREME RIGHT
Factual Reporting: VERY LOW
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2018, The Freedom Times is a hyperpartisan conservative news and opinion blog. The website lacks transparency as the about page does not disclose their political orientation, name editors, or disclose ownership. It appears the two primary authors are Lindsey Michelle and James Nicholas.
Funded by / Ownership
The Freedom Times does not disclose ownership; revenue is derived through advertising.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Freedom Times does not perform original reporting but rather editorializes news stories using highly emotional wording such as this: Leo Terrell Rips Biden For Claiming Trump Is The First ‘Racist’ President: “Biden Is The Racist!”. This story is sourced to The Hill and Twitter. Story selection always favors the right and frequently uses poor sources such as Tucker Carlson, who has failed numerous fact checks Tucker Blasts Dr. Fauci For Taking Off Mask At Baseball Game: “Masks For Thee, But Not For Me’.
Although an IFCN fact checker has not directly fact-checked them, they frequently report and support former President Trump’s false claims, such as this Trump On Border Security: Joe Biden Is “Totally Controlled By The Radical Left… They Want Open Borders”. AP Fact Check and Factcheck.org states this is false. In general, The Freedom Times is far-right biased and does not always publish factual news.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate The Freedom Times Far-Right Biased and Questionable due to a lack of transparency, poor sourcing, promoting conspiracy theories, and publishing demonstrably false claims. (D. Van Zandt 7/26/2020) Updated (06/19/2022)
Last Updated on June 19, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Black Main Streetby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/24/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 24, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: WCAXby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 24, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/23/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 23, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Science.Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 23, 2022 at 8:00 am