- Overall, we rate Freedom First Network Far-Right Biased and Questionable based on the promotion of propaganda, conspiracy theories, the use of poor sources, a lack of transparency, and false claims.
Questionable Reasoning: Poor Sourcing, Conspiracy Theories, Pseudoscience, Propaganda, Lack of Transparency, False Information
Bias Rating: FAR RIGHT
Factual Reporting: LOW
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Launched in 2020, Freedom First Network provides links to conservative podcasts and news stories. According to their about page, “We are bringing together fresh patriotic and conservative voices to unveil to America.”
The website lacks transparency as they do not clearly state ownership; however, on the about page, they state, “When Jeff Dornik and JD Rucker decided to put together a venue through which patriots could work together to fight the leftist narrative, they knew there were two arenas that were under-served in media: Podcasts and videos.” This seems to imply that Jeff Dornik of The GateKeepers and JD Rucker of the Questionable NOQ Report is behind the website.
Funded by / Ownership
Freedom First Network does not clearly state ownership. Advertising generates revenue for the website.
Analysis / Bias
Freedom First Network features podcasts by so-called “fresh patriotic conservatives” such as JD Rucker, Jeff Dornik, and Dustin Faulkner. The website also publishes original written news stories based on other sources and the republishing of stories from other conservative/conspiracy sources. Original articles often contain emotional headlines and wording that favor the right such as this After Prince Harry was Triggered by ‘Bonkers’ First Amendment, Ted Cruz Warns Him About the Second and conspiracy related stories COVID-19, BLM and Gas Shortages: Are the Dems Creating this Chaos Intentionally to Establish their New World Order? Neither of these stories offers hyperlinks to support their claims.
Freedom First Network also republishes articles from discredited sources with poor fact check records such as Natural News and WND. Further, the website and podcasts have promoted election fraud conspiracy theories such as this The biggest election fraud scandal in American Presidential Election History! Finally, during the Covid-19 pandemic, they have routinely published false and misleading information such as The dangers of masks. Masks are not dangerous, and one of the sources for this story is the anti-vaccination conspiracy website Children’s Health Defense. In general, Freedom First Network promotes far-right conspiracy theories.
Failed Fact Checks
- Under President Biden and his allies in big tech, the DHS will turn into a new Gestapo, thanks to social media spying. – False
- Bill Gates is developing a law in Oregon which will ban the sale and consumption of meat. – False
Overall, we rate Freedom First Network Far-Right Biased and Questionable based on the promotion of propaganda, conspiracy theories, the use of poor sources, a lack of transparency, and false claims. (D. Van Zandt 5/18/2021)
Last Updated on February 16, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Ratings show Fox News viewers tuning out Jan. 6 hearingsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 4:29 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: KATU2by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm