These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate The Express-Times Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and minimal use of loaded language in straight news reporting.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 1855 as the Easton Daily Express, The Express-Times is a daily broadsheet newspaper serving Easton, Pennsylvania, and the greater Lehigh Valley Region. The current editor is Jim Deegan.
Funded by / Ownership
The Express-Times is owned by Advance Publications, which is in turn owned by the Newhouse Family. According to Open Secrets, Advance Publications has donated over 1 million dollars to political campaigns, with 91% going to Democrats. The Newspaper is funded through advertising and subscriptions.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Express-Times covers local news through the use of journalists with minimal loaded words and bias, such as this: Route 22 East crash briefly closes both lanes in Easton. All original reporting names the author and provides sources such as interviews, quotes or links. National news comes from the Associated Press, Tribune News Service, and the Washington Post. Editorially, the paper covers a mix of left and right-leaning views, with perhaps a slight advantage to the left. They have also endorsed Democratic Candidates such as Barack Obama in 2008.
A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate The Express-Times Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and minimal use of loaded language in straight news reporting. (D. Van Zandt 2/2/2019)
Last Updated on October 28, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/17/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 10:15 am