These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate the Belleville News-Democrat Least Biased with a slight leftward lean editorially. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: RIGHT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1858, The Belleville News-Democrat is a daily broadsheet newspaper in Belleville, Illinois, focusing on the local news to southwestern Illinois.
Funded by / Ownership
The Belleville News-Democrat I owned by Chatham Asset Management, a New Jersey-based hedge fund that holds a significant equity stake in Postmedia, and majority ownership of American Media Inc., which owns the National Enquirer. David Pecker, who owns American Media, Inc., joined the Postmedia board and then resigned from the board of Postmedia in 2018 due to his involvement of hush payments on behalf of his “friends,” including President Trump and Harvey Weinstein. Advertising and subscriptions generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Belleville News Democrat covers local news through journalists with minimal bias such as this: Man robbed at gunpoint by a coworker, two men she brought to motel room, police say. National News is derived from the Associated Press and political news from wire services and McClatchyDC. All information is properly sourced to credible media outlets.
Editorially, the Belleville News-Democrat has endorsed Democratic presidential candidates such as Barack Obama in 2008. Their Op-Ed page also tends to slightly favor left-leaning positions. The Belleville News-Democrat generally reports news accurately and with low bias; however, editorially, there is a slight lean left.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Belleville News-Democrat Least Biased with a slight leftward lean editorially. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 2/19/2019) Updated (03/25/2022)
Last Updated on March 25, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- First-quarter GDP declined 1.5%, worse than thought; jobless claims edge lowerby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 6:40 pm
- A massive new study confirms vaccinated people are still at risk of long COVIDby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 4:43 pm
- Senate GOP planning to block domestic terrorism bill that Democrats have tied to gunsby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 3:43 pm
- How the NRA evolved from backing a 1934 ban on machine guns to blocking nearly all firearm restrictions todayby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 1:47 pm
- ‘WHO Has No Authority to Dictate U.S. Health Policy’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 26, 2022 at 1:43 pm