In review, if DC Clothesline had a disclaimer that stated they were satire, that would be great. Unfortunately, that is not the case. They are passing off extreme right conspiracies, propaganda and outright fake news as real. You can pick any day of the week and find outrageous headlines that are either totally misleading or flat out false. Let’s look at a few headlines.
- Homeland Security: ‘President Barack Obama was NOT ELIGIBLE to work in the United States’ – (This is sourced to the highly incredible BirtherReport)
- John Podesta sent an assassination email 3 days before suspicious death of Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia – (Comes from the Right-wing conspiracy site, Conspiracy of the Minds)
- Interview with Retired Vaccine Researcher: ‘The last thing I would allow is for my child to be vaccinated.’ – (Anti-Vaxx Propaganda)
There have been more fake news and conspiracies in the last 24 hours. Every story on this website is either 100% right-wing biased, propaganda, a debunked conspiracy theory, or straight-up fake news.
Failed Fact Checks
- Did President Obama order that “behavioral experiments” be carried out on the American people? – Mostly False
- Nugent ties gory photo to Bergdahl prisoner swap as ‘one of the subhuman mongrels our president set free’ – Pants on Fire
- No, George Soros is not bankrolling John Kasich’s campaign – False
- False claims of a coming ice age spread through ecosystem of unreliable news sites, blogs, and social media accounts – False
Overall, we rate DC Clothesline Questionable based on the publication of news with an extreme right-wing bias, promotion of far-right propaganda, conspiracies, and fake news stories passed off as real without a disclaimer. This appears to be a satire website. If this is not satire, we are left speechless as virtually every story is unbelievable. (D. Van Zandt 8/10/2016) Updated (04/02/2023)
Last Updated on July 1, 2023 by Media Bias Fact Check
Do you appreciate our work? Please consider one of the following ways to sustain us.