These media sources are slight to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate MEAWW Right-Center biased based on story selection that moderately favors the right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to poor sourcing and a few failed fact checks.
Bias Rating: RIGHT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rating: LIMITED FREEDOM
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2015, meaww.com is the website of Media Entertainment Arts WorldWide covering US news focusing on entertainment. According to their about page, “MEA WorldWide is one of the world’s fastest-growing entertainment news publishers with offices in the US and India. We bring you the best content from the global streaming industry and Hollywood through our team of talented reporters and contributors.”
In 2020, MEAWW was sued by the NFL’s Washington Football Team owner Dan Snyder for Slander and Defamation.
Funded by / Ownership
Eleven Internet Services LLP based in India owns MEAWW. New Content Media Inc. manages operations in the United States. Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
MEAWW primarily covers entertainment-related news such as this ‘Doom Patrol’ Season 3 Episode 4 Review: A story of love, lies, and secrets. Entertainment news does not include political opinions but reflects the author’s opinion when performing reviews of TV, Movies, Music, etc.
Coverage of news also does not feature opinionated statements from the authors. However, news stories feature emotional headlines that attempt to entice clicks, such as this Brian Laundrie’s dad slammed for getting Dunkin Donuts goodies amid manhunt for son.
When reporting political news, they often choose stories negative toward the Biden administration, such as this Is Jill Biden’ co-president’? FLOTUS cuts in during Joe Biden interview to call migrant children camps’ humane’. Further, reporting on the former Trump administration often demonstrates a favorable tone such as this Presidential debate 2020: Ivanka Trump slams Joe Biden for being typical politician with ‘all talk, no action.
MEAWW is mixed in sourcing information; for example, some articles do not feature hyperlinked sourcing, while others correctly source to credible media outlets. In general, they hold a right-leaning bias with story selection and have published false information.
Failed Fact Checks
- McDonald’s and Coke announced that no whites will be hired to top positions. – False
- ‘Diana lost her royal protection and would be alive today if she had retained it’ – Misleading
Overall, we rate MEAWW Right-Center biased based on story selection that moderately favors the right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to poor sourcing and a few failed fact checks. (D. Van Zandt 9/30/2021)
Last Updated on January 20, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/17/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 10:15 am