A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
- Overall, we rate American Action News Questionable based on a complete lack of transparency as well as listing an address to a room number in a Holiday Inn. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the presentation of one sided right biased opinions and the use of sources that have failed fact checks.
Reasoning: Complete Lack of Transparency, Poor Sourcing.
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
Founded in 2013, American Action News is a conservative news and opinion website that completely lacks transparency. The website does not provide an about page, authors are not named and ownership is not explained.
American Action News has a contact page that lists the following address: 625 First Street #183 Alexandria, VA 22314. This address is that of a Holiday Inn. Interestingly, room #183 also hosts numerous other questionable conservative websites such as 1600 Daily, American Update, For Liberty and Trump Train News. In total 12 conservative websites are linked to this room number in the Holiday Inn. Further, the website also lists another address that is linked to a virtual mailbox.
Funded by / Ownership
Analysis / Bias
In review, American Action News does not perform original news reporting, but rather takes quotes and snippets from other sources and adds opinions from a conservative perspective. Headlines and articles often contain moderate loaded emotional language such as this: U.S. Attorney Durham Releases Stunning Statement Disputing FISA Report. This story is sourced to Fox News. All other stories reviewed utilized mostly credible mainstream sources such as The Hill, New York Post and Washington Examiner. Story selection always favors the right and denigrates the left. The website also features a section called Opinion, which actually just links to the same stories found on their homepage. This sort of makes sense as this is primarily an opinion website. In general, the news reported on American Action News is rooted in fact, with conservative opinion interjected and a completely one sided perspective.
A factual search reveals they have not been fact checked by an IFCN fact checker.
Overall, we rate American Action News Questionable based on a complete lack of transparency as well as listing an address to a room number in a Holiday Inn. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the presentation of one sided right biased opinions and the use of sources that have failed fact checks. (D. Van Zandt 12/12/2019)
Last Updated on February 18, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Analysis of Hunter Biden’s hard drive shows he, his firm took in about $11 million from 2013 to 2018, spent it fastby newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 3:06 pm
- Monkeypox is spreading around the world. What is the disease and how dangerous is it?by newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 2:04 pm
- Finland’s gas flows from Russia to be shut off from Saturday, energy provider saysby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:40 pm
- Fact Check: High U.S. Gas Prices In 2022 Are NOT Related To Closed Pipelinesby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:18 pm
- Project Veritas says the FBI declared it part of mediaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:14 pm