These media sources are moderate to strongly biased toward conservative causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports, and omit information reporting that may damage conservative causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Right Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate The Conservative Woman far-right biased due to story selection and opinions that always favor the right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to poor sources and the promotion of conspiracy theories.
Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Country: United Kingdom (33/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
Launched in 2014, The Conservative Woman is a British political Blog based in London, UK. The Conservative Woman describes their values as being “unashamedly those of faith, married family and nation-state.”
Kathy Gyngell and Laura Perrins founded the website, and they currently serve as co-editors of the blog. The UK Independence Party (UKIP) ( Far-right British nationalist party) London Assembly Member David Kurten is also one of their contributors.
The Conservative Woman covers British politics, religious, cultural matters, and American politics.
Funded by / Ownership
The Conservative Woman does not disclose ownership, though it is presumed to be owned by the co-founders. Revenue is derived through donations and sponsored content ads.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Conservative Woman utilizes emotionally loaded language in their headlines such as “Why do state and BBC ignore mass child rape culture? Because they can’t handle the truth.” This article is also poorly sourced; however, occasionally, they utilize credible right-leaning sources such as National Review and questionable sources such as the Daily Mail. Regarding US politics, The Conservative Woman’s word choices are pro-Trump. For example, here is a quote from an article: “Donald Trump does not have a natural way with words like Ronald Reagan. He is not an ideologue like Margaret Thatcher. He does not have the intellect or the prodigious grasp of history that Churchill had. Yet in the last year, he has delivered the two most significant conservative speeches of this century.”
On national politics, the editorial opinion of The Conservative Woman is against Theresa May, as seen from this quote from an article that reads, “One inescapable factor is common to all of these. It is Theresa May’s own near-total lack of ideology, intellectual curiosity, governing-philosophy, vision, direction, commitment, strategy, competence, charisma, and, most of all, leadership ability.” Further, they also have strong anti-immigrant (Muslims) and anti-abortion sentiments.
The Conservative Woman is also an anti-Conservative Party since they view them as not conservative enough. For example, in this editorial regarding the conservative Tory Party: “Laura Perrins: The Tories are the enemy within,” Ms. Perrins states her own “Deep State” conspiracy theories “foreign Presidents, and Prime Ministers, the military, the intelligence services, the police, the charities, the stars, celebrities and virtue signallers, the universities and the crooked academics – almost the entire financial, political, media, military/industrial, intelligence agency, cultural, academic are all elements of this hybrid state, the Deep State.”
In 2020, The Conservative Woman published misleading information regarding the Corona Virus, such as this Malaria drug and zinc, the missing link. At this time, there isn’t evidence that hydroxychloroquine is an effective treatment for Coronavirus.
Failed Fact Checks
- We should never do any testing of asymptomatic people. All we’re doing is generating false positives. – False
- The current Covid vaccines are obsolete as they do not cover the new variants. – False
- Covid-19 is easily treatable at home. About 85% of hospitalisation and death is completely avoidable with early treatment. – False
- Natural immunity is robust, complete, and durable. It cannot be improved upon by vaccination, or any other method. – False
Overall, we rate The Conservative Woman far-right biased due to story selection and opinions that always favor the right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to poor sources and the promotion of conspiracy theories. (M. Huitsing 5/30/2018) Updated (8/19/2021)
Last Updated on August 19, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Daily Source Bias Check: Emirates 24/7by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 3, 2022 at 8:01 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/02/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Out Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on October 2, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 10/01/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Republic (Indiana)by Media Bias/Fact Check on October 1, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/30/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 30, 2022 at 10:30 am