These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate the Star-Telegram Right-Center biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the right. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and for not having failed a fact check since 2013.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 48/180
Founded in 1906, The Fort Worth Star-Telegram is a U.S. daily newspaper serving Fort Worth and the western half of the North Texas area known as the Metroplex. The Star-Telegram has won two Pulitzer Prizes in its history. The current editor is Steve Coffman.
Funded by / Ownership
The McClatchy Company owns the Fort Worth Star-Telegram and Kevin S. McClatchy is the Director and Non-executive Chairman of the Board. The McClatchy Company is a publishing company based in Sacramento, California. They operate 29 daily newspapers in fourteen states with some notable newspapers being the Sacramento Bee, The Miami Herald and Charlotte Observer. Revenue is derived from subscriptions and advertisements. You can view their financial reports here.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Star-Telegram covers local news through reporters with minimal bias such as this 13 new coronavirus cases confirmed in Tarrant County, bringing total to 42. National and international news is provided by the Washington Post and Associated Press.
Editorially, the Star-Telegram has mostly endorsed Republican candidates, however in 2008 they endorsed Democratic Presidential Candidate Barack Obama. A review of Op-Eds reveals a slight rightward lean. In general, the Star-Telegram reports news factually with a right leaning editorial bias.
Failed Fact Checks
Overall, we rate the Star-Telegram Right-Center biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the right. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and for not having failed a fact check since 2013. (7/18/2016) Updated (D. Van Zandt 03/21/2020)
Last Updated on March 21, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/17/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 10:15 am