These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate The Fresno Bee Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 1922, The Fresno Bee is a daily newspaper serving Fresno, California, and surrounding counties in that U.S. state’s San Joaquin Valley. The current editor is Joe Kieta.
Funded by / Ownership
The McClatchy Company owns The Fresno Bee and Kevin S. McClatchy is the Director and Non-executive Chairman of the Board. The McClatchy Company is a publishing company based in Sacramento, California. They operate 29 daily newspapers in fourteen states with some notable newspapers being the Sacramento Bee, The Miami Herald and Charlotte Observer. Revenue is derived from subscriptions and advertisements. You can view their financial reports here.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Fresno Bee covers local news through reporters with minimal bias such as this Coronavirus: Fresno mayor extends shelter-in-place order for two more weeks and this Fresno Fairgrounds will be site of makeshift hospital with 250 beds to treat coronavirus. National and international reporting comes from a combination of other McClatchy owned papers and the Associated Press.
Editorially, The Fresno Bee has historically endorsed Democratic Presidential Candidates such as Hillary Clinton in 2016. A review of editorials indicate that more favor the left such as this Go to restaurants during coronavirus outbreak? Ignore Devin Nunes’ dangerous advice. In general, the news is reported factually with a left-leaning editorial bias.
Failed Fact Checks
Overall, we rate The Fresno Bee Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 6/30/2016) Updated (3/26/2020)
Last Updated on September 3, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Analysis of Hunter Biden’s hard drive shows he, his firm took in about $11 million from 2013 to 2018, spent it fastby newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 3:06 pm
- Monkeypox is spreading around the world. What is the disease and how dangerous is it?by newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 2:04 pm
- Finland’s gas flows from Russia to be shut off from Saturday, energy provider saysby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:40 pm
- Fact Check: High U.S. Gas Prices In 2022 Are NOT Related To Closed Pipelinesby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:18 pm
- Project Veritas says the FBI declared it part of mediaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:14 pm