These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate Fort Worth Weekly Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting based on proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Launched in 1996, Fwweekly or Foth Worth Weekly is an alternative weekly newspaper that serves the Greater Fort Worth area of Texas. According to their about page, they cover a wide range of topics that they describe as “…from school contracting scandals to smelly environmental messes and the misdeeds of elected officials, from the doings of the city’s powerful elite to the region’s connections to terrorism.”
Funded by / Ownership
Lee Newquist owns the Fort Worth Weekly. Advertising and classifieds generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Fort Worth Weekly publishes magazine-style stories typically focused on local arts, entertainment, and culture. Their political articles utilize emotionally loaded headlines such as “What Does Our Silence Say? And “Frost Bite: Perry’s frozen gas tax hurts transportation, schools.” Further, Forth Worth Weekly uses credible sources such as Huffington Post, The Guardian, and USA Today.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Fort Worth Weekly Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting based on proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (M. Huitsing 1/30/2018) Updated (12/10/2021)
Last Updated on December 10, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- First-quarter GDP declined 1.5%, worse than thought; jobless claims edge lowerby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 6:40 pm
- A massive new study confirms vaccinated people are still at risk of long COVIDby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 4:43 pm
- Senate GOP planning to block domestic terrorism bill that Democrats have tied to gunsby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 3:43 pm
- How the NRA evolved from backing a 1934 ban on machine guns to blocking nearly all firearm restrictions todayby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 1:47 pm
- ‘WHO Has No Authority to Dictate U.S. Health Policy’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 26, 2022 at 1:43 pm