These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate Spin (Magazine) Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1985, Spin Magazine was a print magazine that reported on music news. It was considered an alternative to Rolling Stone due to its coverage of less mainstream artists. In 2012, Spin ceased print publication and had since become an online-only webzine.
Funded by / Ownership
In 2020, Spin was sold to the private equity group NEXT Management Partners. Revenue is derived through advertising and a shop that sells branded merchandise.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Spin primarily reports on music news and provides videos to live performances and interviews. They are also well known for their lists, such as The 50 Best Alt-Rock Love Songs. Spin reports music and industry news with low bias, such as this Lana Del Rey to Release New Album Rock Candy Sweet in June. When reporting on political news, it is usually related to the music industry, such as this Iced Earth’s Jon Schaffer to Be Held Without Bail Until Trial (Schaffer entered the Capitol Building on January 6, 2021 riots).
Editorially, Spin rarely reports on politics and generally sticks to music news. However, there is a section called Death and Taxes on their domain, which used to be housed at deathandtaxes.com. This section covers culture and politics with a left-leaning bias such as this Mike Pence Looks Upset After Prince Charles Refuses to Shake His Hand. The news is generally reported factually and with a left-leaning editorial bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Spin (Magazine) Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that moderately favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 3/21/2021) (02/18/2022)
Last Updated on February 18, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. Covid-19 Cases Top 7-Day Average Of 100,000 For First Time Since Februaryby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 8:44 am