These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate Spectrum Report least biased because they are presenting both sides without commentary, but we rate them mixed for factual reporting because 5 of the 6 sources have failed known fact checks
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
According to their about page, “Spectrum Report was created to give us the tools we need to better understand the news in this new world, and more importantly, to understand each other better so that we might preserve democracy and liberty for generations to come.” There isn’t any mention of ownership or political affiliation on the website.
Funded by / Ownership
The website lacks transparency as they do not disclose ownership. Advertising generates revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Spectrum Report has a feature similar to Allsides.com in that they curate news stories from left and right sources and place them side by side. They currently use 3 left-leaning sources: Huff Post, Think Progress, CNN, and 3 right-leaning sources, Breitbart, Fox News, and Infowars. They also have a fun feature where they display a headline, and you have to pick which of these 6 sources it came from. There is very little original content on the site other than news curation. While the site’s intent is fair, some of the sources are considered crackpot conspiracy, such as Infowars.
Failed Fact Checks
- They have never been fact checked by a third party as they curate news from other sources.\
Overall, we rate Spectrum Report least biased because they present both sides without commentary, but we rate them mixed for factual reporting because 5 of the 6 sources have failed known fact checks. (D. Van Zandt 03/06/2018) Updated (01/21/2022)
Last Updated on January 21, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: NewsBreakby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 10:30 am