These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appealing to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate Worcester – Spectrum News Least Biased due to representing both viewpoints and using minimally loaded words and factually high based on proper sourcing.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: TV Station
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Worcester – Spectrum News is an American cable TV news channel based in Worcester, Massachusetts. The channel provides news across the state, from Beacon Hill to the Berkshires, and including the Massachusetts congressional delegation on Capitol Hill. Worcester – Spectrum News is currently owned by Charter Communications, Inc. They provide 24-hour local news, politics, weather news, and more.
Funded by / Ownership
Time Warner Cable launched its first regional cable news channel on September 8, 1992, with the New York City-based NY1. In 2013, Charter Communications announced that they are re-branding its residential services to Charter Spectrum. In 2016, Charter acquired Time Warner Cable. Next, Time Warner Cable was phased out in favor of Spectrum, the brand used by Charter to market its services. The main revenue sources for Worcester – Spectrum News are ads and subscription fees collected by cable operators who package programs in “bundles.“
Analysis / Bias
In review, Worcester – Spectrum News reports local news with minimal loaded words and bias, such as Arrest warrant issued for owner of Millbury tree cutting service accused of scamming customers. Worcester – Spectrum News also republishes Associated Press articles and covers stories with both points of view represented. Typically, they utilize credible sources such as the Associated Press; however, they also source through interviews and large quotes.
Worcester – Spectrum News does not publish opinion pieces but does report on politics with minimal bias, such as this U.S.-Mexico border encounters higher in June, one-third repeat attempts In general, they both sides of issues and reports news factually.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Worcester – Spectrum News Least Biased due to representing both viewpoints and using minimally loaded words and factually high based on proper sourcing. (D. Van Zandt 07/18/2021)
Last Updated on January 25, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Taliban enforces face-cover order for female TV anchorsby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 2:43 pm
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am