These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appealing to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased Sources.
- Overall, we rate the South Bend Tribune Least Biased based on a balanced opinion page and mostly balanced endorsements. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing of information.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1872, The South Bend Tribune is a daily broadsheet newspaper and news website based in South Bend, Indiana. It is distributed in South Bend, Mishawaka, north-central Indiana, and southwestern Michigan. The Hoosier State Press Association has recognized it as a “Blue Ribbon Newspaper” (2006, 2016, and 2018). The current publisher is Sally Brown.
Funded by / Ownership
The South Bend Tribune is owned by Gannett (Gatehouse Media), which publishes USA Today. In August 2019, Gatehouse Media purchased and merged with Gannett becoming the largest newspaper chain in the USA. After the merger, the companies retained the Gannett name. Advertising and paid subscriptions generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the South Bend Tribune covers local news through journalists and national/international news via the Associated Press. Local news is covered with minimal loaded emotional language such as this: Buchanan medical marijuana businesses get state approval. Further, they properly source infomation. Editorially, the South Bend Tribune endorses both Democratic and Republican candidates; however, they endorse slightly more Democrats in a 2016 count. The opinion pages reflect a diversity of thought that is mostly balanced and strays from extremes.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the South Bend Tribune Least Biased based on a balanced opinion page and mostly balanced endorsements. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing of information. (D. Van Zandt 7/29/2018) Updated (05/31/2021)
Last Updated on May 31, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/17/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 10:15 am