Joe Biden is currently the President of the United States and is running for a second term in 2024. He is a member of the moderate left wing of the Democratic Party. We assign Joe Biden a Left-Center Biased and Mixed factual rating due to numerous failed fact checks.
You are viewing this page with fewer Ads
See all MBFC content Completely Ad-Free
Title: President of the United States (2021 – Present)
Political Party: Democratic
Political Alignment: Moderate Left
Factual Rating: Mixed
- New Castle County Council (1970-1972)
- U.S. Senator from Delaware (1973-2009)
- Vice President of the United States (2009-2017)
- President of the United States (2021-Present)
Stance on Key Policies:
- Abortion Rights: Pro-Choice – Biden supports a woman’s right to choose and has pledged to codify Roe v. Wade into law. He also supports repealing the Hyde Amendment, which restricts federal funding for abortions.
- Economy: Regulated Capitalism – Biden supports increasing the federal minimum wage to $15 an hour and strengthening worker protection rights. He also plans to invest in infrastructure, clean energy, and education to stimulate economic growth.
- Climate Change: Supports Government Action – Biden proposed a budget in 2020 that includes a $2 trillion plan to address climate change and promote clean energy. He aims to achieve a 100% clean energy economy and reach net-zero emissions no later than 2050.
- Education: Public Schools – Biden’s proposals include increasing funding for K-12 schools, providing two years of tuition-free community college, and making public colleges and universities tuition-free for families with incomes below $125,000. Canceled student loan debt.
- Foreign Policy: Strong Defense – Joe Biden strongly supports Ukraine in its war with Russia and Taiwan’s independence from China. Increased military spending.
- LGBTQ Rights: Supports – Biden supports the Equality Act, which would provide comprehensive civil rights protections for LGBTQ individuals. He also reversed the transgender military ban.
- Gun Ownership: Gun Control Measures – “It is within our power to once again ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, to require safe storage of guns, to end gun manufacturers’ immunity from liability, and to enact universal background checks.”
- Immigration: Supports Immigration – Joe Biden wants comprehensive immigration reform and a pathway to legal status for the nation’s estimated 11 million unauthorized immigrants.
- Health Care: Affordable Care Act – Joe Biden support the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) that was signed during his Vice Presidency. Wants to expand mental health care access.
- Overall: Moderate Liberal – Biden’s positions align with center-left principles, advocating for increased government intervention in healthcare, education, and the economy, while supporting liberal social policies in abortion rights and LGBTQ rights.
Recent Failed Fact Checks (Shortlist of Dozens)
- “We’ve appointed more African American women … to the federal bench than … every other president combined.” – False.
- Said he was “able to convince India, Australia, Japan, and the United States to form an organization called the Quad to maintain stability in the Indian Ocean and the South China Sea.” – Mostly False
- Did Joe Biden Form ‘The Quad’? – False
- “The Republican plan would cut federal law enforcement officers — 30,000 — including 11,000 FBI agents, 2,000 border agents, DEA agents, and so on.” – Mostly False
- If global warming goes above 1.5 C “we’re done; there’s no way to turn it around, according to the scientists that tell us.” – False
(M. Huitsing 07/30/2023)
Last Updated on July 30, 2023 by Media Bias Fact Check