These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appealing to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate CBS Seattle – CW 11 Left-Center Biased based on political reporting that slightly favors the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: TV Station
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1953, CBS Seattle – CW 11 is a CBS-owned-and-operated television station licensed to Tacoma, Washington, United States. The associated website is seattle.cbslocal.com that features local news, sports, weather, and crime for the greater New York City area.
Funded by / Ownership
CBS Seattle – CW 11 is a subsidiary of ViacomCBS, which National Amusements, Inc owns. They are operated by the third-generation leadership of the Redstone family. The President of National Amusements and chairwoman of the company is Shari Ellin Redstone. Advertising and sponsored content generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the CBS Seattle – CW 11 website publishes sports, entertainment, lifestyle, and local news for the greater Seattle-Tacoma region through CBSN. Local news articles and headlines use minimal emotionally loaded wording: Fireworks Trigger Brush and House Fires Across Contra Costa County. A video accompanies most stories from the TV station. National news stories are published from other CBS affiliates as well as the Associated Press.
Editorially, CBS Seattle – CW 11 does not publish op-eds; however, they do report on politics with slightly more stories favoring the left, such as this ‘Biden Voters Keep Out’: Cigar Shop Owner Puts Shocking, Divisive Political Sign In Store Window. In general, the news is reported factually and with a slight left-leaning bias when covering politics.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate CBS Seattle – CW 11 Left-Center Biased based on political reporting that slightly favors the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 07/05/2021)
Last Updated on February 9, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Finnish, Swedish Lawmakers To Debate NATO Membership As Moscow Warns Nordic NATO Plans A ‘Grave Mistake’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 12:06 pm
- Conservative media is familiar with Buffalo suspect’s alleged ‘theory’by newsfactsnetwork on May 16, 2022 at 11:48 am
- More mass shootings are happening at grocery stores — 13% of shooters are motivated by race, criminologists findby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 11:40 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/16/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 10:15 am
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: Infobaeby Media Bias Fact Check on May 16, 2022 at 7:09 am