These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Organization/Foundation
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Robert Greenstein founded the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) in 1981. CBPP advocates for state and federal economic policies to help poor and low-income Americans reduce income inequality. The current president is Robert Greenstein.
Funded by / Ownership
The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. The Center is supported by several foundations, including the Annie E. Casey Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, the Ford Foundation, and individual donors. The Atlantic Philanthropies is a major donor to CBPP, as is George Soros.
Analysis / Bias
The CBPP publishes news and research on budgets and finance by the United States Government. While carrying an inherent left bias, the articles on the site are highly factual, well-sourced, and carry a minimum of biased wording. CBPP states that they are nonpartisan and carry through on that in their reporting. However, the inherent left bias in their goals and the economic policies they advocate for earns them a left-center rating. The information is factual and well-sourced.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities Left-Center Biased based on progressive economic advocacy. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Kelley 3/21/2017) Updated (06/03/2022)
Last Updated on June 3, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/29/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: The Spectator USAby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 29, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Bounding Into Comicsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Facebook takes down Russian network impersonating European news outletsby Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 1:45 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 09/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on September 27, 2022 at 10:30 am