These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased sources.
- Overall, we rate the Janes Information Group Least Biased based on low biased news and information presentation. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: United Kingdom
World Press Freedom Rank: UK 35/180
Founded in 1898, the Jane’s Information Group (often referred to as Jane’s) is a British publishing company specializing in military, aerospace and transportation topics. According to their about page “In a world crowded with increasingly unreliable information, our customers require timely, verified, validated, unbiased and relevant defence, threat, and equipment intelligence. The inter-connectivity of Janes structured data and analysis enables us to provide you with the unique insights required to make mission critical decisions.”
Janes publishes numerous publications such as Jane’s All the World’s Aircraft, Jane’s Fighting Ships, Jane’s Military Communications, Jane’s World Air Forces, Jane’s World Navies, and Jane’s World Railways. Periodicals include Jane’s Defence Weekly, Jane’s Intelligence Review, Jane’s International Defence Review, Jane’s Navy International.
Funded by / Ownership
Janes is owned by Montagu Private Equity a private company based in London. Revenue is derived through a store and subscription fees to their magazines.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Janes.com publishes news and information from all of their magazines primarily covering military and conflict-related issues. Articles and headlines do not use loaded wording such as this Korean MRO specialist launches Sacheon facility and this South Korea to begin series-production of locally developed KTSSM tactical missile system. The website also provides in-depth case studies focused on global military issues such as this Threat Assessment: South China Sea. Case Studies are well-sourced and in-depth. In general, Janes is a low biased and high factual source.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Janes Information Group Least Biased based on low biased news and information presentation. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 12/3/2016) Update (11/25/2020)
Last Updated on November 25, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am