These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Notes: Radio Free Asia (RFA) is a private, nonprofit international broadcasting agency of the United States government that broadcasts and publishes online news, information, and commentary to listeners in East Asia while “advancing the goals of U.S. foreign policy.” RFA is funded by the Broadcasting Board of Governors (BBG), an independent agency of the United States government responsible for all non-military, international broadcasting sponsored by the U.S government (such as Radio Free Europe), which appoints the board of RFA. RFA distributes content in nine Asian languages for audiences in six countries. RFA is well sourced and factual in reporting. Has very slight left leaning bias in reporting choices.
Latest from Radio Free Asia
- China Formally Arrests Taiwan Activist Lee Ming-cheh on Subversion Charges
- Ethnic Militias Meet With Aung San Suu Key to Present Changes to Cease-fire Agreement
- Interview: 'They Are Afraid of my Shadow And my Voice or Anything Related to my Name'
- North Korea Takes Aim at Citizens' Cell-Phone Links to South Korea
- Vietnam Appeals Court Upholds Jail Terms For Two Dissidents
- Cambodia Activist Monks Detained For Questioning at Opposition Rally
- Riot Police Beat, Detain Eviction Protesters in China's Sichuan
- Handle Taiwan Gay Marriage Story With Care, Chinese Media Warned
- Restaurants Ordered to Remain Open in Xinjiang Amid Ramadan Fast
- PM Hun Sen Repeats Threat of War if His Party Loses Elections
- Alliance of Ethnic Armed Groups Positions Itself to Meet With Myanmar’s Aung San Suu Kyi
- Myanmar Court Charges Six in Maid Abuse Case
- Xinjiang Authorities Confiscate ‘Extremist’ Qurans From Uyghur Muslims
- Demolition Gangs Move Into Chinese Muslim Village Ahead of National Games
- Hong Kong Moves Ahead With Trial of Nine Pro-Democracy Protesters