These sources consist of legitimate science or are evidence based through the use of credible scientific sourcing. Legitimate science follows the scientific method, is unbiased and does not use emotional words. These sources also respect the consensus of experts in the given scientific field and strive to publish peer reviewed science. Some sources in this category may have a slight political bias, but adhere to scientific principles. See all Pro-Science sources.
Factual Reporting: VERY HIGH
Notes: The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is concerned with international public health. It was established on 7 April 1948, headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. (Wikipedia) The World Health Organization has position papers on virtually every health issue and its opinion is the consensus of the medical experts around the world.
Latest from the World Health Organization
- From coast to coast: Africa unites to tackle threat of polio March 23, 2017 4:10 pm
- WHO issues ethics guidance to protect rights of TB patients March 22, 2017 1:45 am
- WHO rejects false reporting regarding counterfeit medications to Iraq March 19, 2017 3:25 pm
- Health care a casualty of 6 years of war in the Syrian Arab Republic March 15, 2017 12:00 pm
- The cost of a polluted environment: 1.7 million child deaths a year, says WHO March 6, 2017 1:00 am
- WHO stresses urgent need for R&D for drug-resistant TB alongside newly-prioritized antibiotic-resistant pathogens February 28, 2017 8:45 pm
- WHO publishes list of bacteria for which new antibiotics are urgently needed February 27, 2017 4:00 pm
- Twelfth meeting of the Emergency Committee under the International Health Regulations (2015) regarding the international spread of poliovirus February 13, 2017 1:35 pm
- Early cancer diagnosis saves lives, cuts treatment costs February 3, 2017 3:00 pm
- WHO Executive Board announces the names of the 3 nominees for the post of WHO Director-General January 25, 2017 11:30 am