These sources consist of legitimate science or are evidence based through the use of credible scientific sourcing. Legitimate science follows the scientific method, is unbiased and does not use emotional words. These sources also respect the consensus of experts in the given scientific field and strive to publish peer reviewed science. Some sources in this category may have a slight political bias, but adhere to scientific principles. See all Pro-Science sources.
Factual Reporting: VERY HIGH
Notes: The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is concerned with international public health. It was established on 7 April 1948, headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. The World Health Organization has position papers on virtually every health issue and its opinion is the consensus of the medical experts around the world.
Latest from the World Health Organization
- Seventieth World Health Assembly update May 24, 2017 12:35 am
- World Health Assembly elects Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus as new WHO Director-General May 23, 2017 6:35 pm
- Seventieth World Health Assembly opens in Geneva May 22, 2017 4:00 pm
- WHO travel to support programme work May 21, 2017 12:01 am
- Major research funders and international NGOs to implement WHO standards on reporting clinical trial results May 18, 2017 12:01 am
- Almost half of all deaths now have a recorded cause, WHO data show May 17, 2017 12:00 pm
- More than 1.2 million adolescents die every year, nearly all preventable May 16, 2017 6:00 am
- WHO Regional Director for Africa, Dr Matshidiso Moeti travels to Kinshasa to discuss Ebola outbreak response May 13, 2017 6:32 pm
- Statement on Ebola in the Democratic Republic of the Congo May 12, 2017 6:32 pm
- WHO calls for immediate action to save lives in Somalia May 11, 2017 10:15 am