These sources consist of legitimate science or are evidence based through the use of credible scientific sourcing. Legitimate science follows the scientific method, is unbiased and does not use emotional words. These sources also respect the consensus of experts in the given scientific field and strive to publish peer reviewed science. Some sources in this category may have a slight political bias, but adhere to scientific principles. See all Pro-Science sources.
Factual Reporting: VERY HIGH
Notes: The World Health Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is concerned with international public health. It was established on 7 April 1948, headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland. (Wikipedia) The World Health Organization has position papers on virtually every health issue and its opinion is the consensus of the medical experts around the world.
Latest from the World Health Organization
- WHO Director-General’s statement to high-level pledging event for the humanitarian crisis in Yemen April 25, 2017 9:50 am
- Prevent malaria - save lives: WHO push for prevention on World Malaria Day, 25th April April 24, 2017 9:40 am
- New hepatitis data highlight need for urgent global response April 21, 2017 11:30 am
- Unprecedented progress against neglected tropical diseases, WHO reports April 19, 2017 12:01 am
- Radical increase in water and sanitation investment required to meet development targets April 13, 2017 2:00 am
- WHO alarmed by use of highly toxic chemicals as weapons in Syria April 5, 2017 11:50 am
- "Depression: let’s talk" says WHO, as depression tops list of causes of ill health March 30, 2017 1:45 am
- WHO launches global effort to halve medication-related errors in 5 years March 29, 2017 2:30 pm
- From coast to coast: Africa unites to tackle threat of polio March 23, 2017 4:10 pm
- WHO issues ethics guidance to protect rights of TB patients March 22, 2017 1:45 am