These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate Pueblo Chieftain Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
The Pueblo Chieftain serves Pueblo, Colorado, and the surrounding area. The paper covers local, national, and international news, sports, entertainment, lifestyle, and opinion. chieftain.com serves as the online domain for the newspaper.
Funded by / Ownership
Gannett, the publisher of USA Today, owns the Pueblo Chieftain. In August 2019, Gatehouse Media purchased and merged with Gannett becoming the largest newspaper chain in the USA. After the merger, the companies retained the Gannett name. Advertising and paid subscriptions generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Pueblo Chieftain covers news, sports, lifestyle, and entertainment for the greater Pueblo, Colorado area. They report local news with minimal loaded emotional language Jury trials in Pueblo suspension extended as omicron variant of COVID-19 spreads. National and international news comes from other Gannett publications and the Associated Press.
Editorially, the Pueblo Chieftain does not make Presidential endorsements; however, a review of op-eds shows that both sides are represented such as this that favors the left: We pledged last year to better reflect Pueblo’s diversity. Here’s what we’re doing. After reviewing dozens of op-eds, we found slightly more favor a liberal perspective. Finally, the news is generally reported factually and with a slight left-leaning editorial bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate the Pueblo Chieftain Left-Center Biased based on editorial positions that slightly favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 01/22/2022)
Last Updated on January 22, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Australia set to get new PM after Scott Morrison’s ruling conservatives projected to lose electionby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 12:53 pm
- Biden says US has offered vaccines to North Korea but got no responseby newsfactsnetwork on May 21, 2022 at 12:43 pm
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: International Press Instituteby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/21/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. stops controlled burns nationwide after New Mexico disasterby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 3:43 am