These media sources are moderate to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate the Progressive Change Campaign Committee as left-biased based on advocacy for progressive policy. We also rate them Mixed (borderline questionable) for factual reporting due to several failed fact checks.
Bias Rating: LEFT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Organization/Foundation
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: MEDIUM CREDIBILITY
Funded by / Ownership
PCCC is a political action committee filing reports with the Federal Election Commission. It cannot accept donations from individuals of more than $5,000 per year. It received six donations in 2012, including $5,000 each from billionaire philanthropist George Soros and his son, Jonathan. Individual donors gave 528 significant ($200+) contributions to this PAC in 2019-2020. During the 2018 election, they spent 100% on Democratic Candidates.
Analysis / Bias
In review, The Progressive Change Campaign Committee website does not report news; however, they list the issues they support, such as GREEN NEW DEAL. They also list the candidates they support and provide a donation link to that candidate. Some prominent candidates they support are Elizabeth Warren, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, and Ilhan Omar. Finally, they offer a bulleted list of the issues they support:
- Expanding Social Security
- Debt-free college and student debt cancellation
- Medicare for All
- Wall Street reform and accountability
- Stopping surveillance and protecting privacy
- Stopping bad trade deals like TPP
- Free and open Internet
- Paid family leave
PCCC runs political campaign ads that have failed fact checks.
- Says Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker “has threatened to call out the National Guard if workers protest against” changes to bargaining laws. – Pants on Fire
- 76 percent of Americans want a public health care option. – False
- Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley not supporting a “public option” – Misleading
- Republicans are “trying to impeach our president.” – Mostly False
Overall, we rate the Progressive Change Campaign Committee as left-biased based on advocacy for progressive policy. We also rate them Mixed (borderline questionable) for factual reporting due to several failed fact checks. (D. Van Zandt 8/9/2020) Updated (06/14/2022)
Last Updated on June 30, 2023 by Media Bias Fact Check
Do you appreciate our work? Please consider one of the following ways to sustain us.