These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased sources.
- Overall, we rate NextGov Least Biased based on balanced story selection and minimally left-leaning editorial positions. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2002, Nextgov is a news and information resource for federal technology decision-makers. According to their about page, “Nextgov’s editorial mission is to lead the national discussion about how technology and innovation are transforming the way government agencies serve citizens and perform vital functions. Central to this mission is the exploration of emerging technologies and their potential impact on government.” The current Executive Editor is Frank Konkel.
Funded by / Ownership
Analysis / Bias
In review, NextGov publishes news and information related to technology and government. Articles and headlines contain minimally loaded language such as this Governments Need Clear Plans to Respond to Disinformation, Experts Say. This story is properly sourced to the Washington Post, New York Times, and Wired. They also republish articles from other sources such as the Atlantic and Pew.
Editorially, NextGov is mostly focused on technology and government, however, when reporting on President Donald Trump they present a negative viewpoint Trump’s Attacks on Vote-by-Mail Worry Some Election Officials. In general, story selection is reasonably balanced and factual.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate NextGov Least Biased based on balanced story selection and minimally left-leaning editorial positions. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 8/26/2016) Updated (7/11/2020)
Last Updated on July 11, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Analysis of Hunter Biden’s hard drive shows he, his firm took in about $11 million from 2013 to 2018, spent it fastby newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 3:06 pm
- Monkeypox is spreading around the world. What is the disease and how dangerous is it?by newsfactsnetwork on May 20, 2022 at 2:04 pm
- Finland’s gas flows from Russia to be shut off from Saturday, energy provider saysby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:40 pm
- Fact Check: High U.S. Gas Prices In 2022 Are NOT Related To Closed Pipelinesby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:18 pm
- Project Veritas says the FBI declared it part of mediaby Media Bias Fact Check on May 20, 2022 at 12:14 pm