These sources have minimal bias and use very few loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes). The reporting is factual and usually sourced. These are the most credible media sources. See all Least Biased sources.
- Overall, we rate Pew Research Least Biased and Very High for factual reporting due to excellent sourcing.
Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: VERY-HIGH
Country: USA (45/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Organization/Foundation
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2004, Pew Research is a nonpartisan American think tank based in Washington, D.C. It provides information on social issues, public opinion, and demographic trends shaping the United States and the world. It also conducts public opinion polling, demographic research, media content analysis, and other empirical social science research.
According to their about page, their mission is “We generate a foundation of facts that enriches the public dialogue and supports sound decision-making. We are nonprofit, nonpartisan, and nonadvocacy. We value independence, objectivity, accuracy, rigor, humility, transparency, and innovation.” The current president is Michael Dimock.
Funded by / Ownership
Analysis / Bias
In review, Pew Research primarily is a polling and survey outlet that utilizes and publishes its methodology. Unlike many other polling companies that exclusively cover politics and elections, Pew covers a wide range of topics such as Science, Technology, and Religion. Pew never uses loaded language in their headlines and articles such as this: Eastern and Western Europeans Differ on Importance of Religion, Views of Minorities, and Key Social Issues. Further, all information is sourced in detail with the methodology explained for each survey. Editorially, there is little to no bias.
Overall, we rate Pew Research Least Biased and Very High for factual reporting due to excellent sourcing. (7/10/2016) Updated (D. Van Zandt 1/06/2020)
Last Updated on April 6, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/28/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Chronicles Magazineby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 28, 2022 at 8:00 am
- Clarence Thomas signals interest in making it easier to sue mediaby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 4:23 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/27/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Kenosha Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 27, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/26/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 26, 2022 at 10:30 am