These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information, but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate National Affairs Magazine Right-Center biased based on story selection that moderately favors the right and High for factual reporting due to a clean fact check record.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Founded in 2009, National Affairs is a quarterly magazine in the United States about political affairs. Founding editor Yuval Levin and other writers for the magazine are typically conservative. Yuval Levin is the author of 4 books and has served as contributing editor for the right-leaning National Review and has published essays in both the New York Times and Washington Post. According to their about page “National Affairs is a quarterly journal of essays about domestic policy, political economy, society, culture, and political thought.”
Funded by / Ownership
The magazine and website are held by National Affairs, Inc based in Washington, DC. Funding appears to primarily be derived from magazine subscriptions.
Analysis / Bias
In review, National Affairs is a well written academic conservative magazine. Most stories favor right-leaning interests and use minimally loaded language in headlines and articles. Example: Lessons in Regulatory Oversight. This article is written for an educated audience and does not use emotional words to sway the reader. It simply presents supporting evidence for the opinion. Since this is a print magazine, hyperlinked sourcing is not used, however, the article does refer to where information is coming from. In general, story selection almost always favors limited government conservative positions.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate National Affairs Magazine Right-Center biased based on story selection that moderately favors the right and High for factual reporting due to a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 10/23/2018) Updated (6/22/2020)
Last Updated on June 22, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- U.S. COVID-19 cases increased threefold over past month
- Ex-Minneapolis police officer pleads guilty to manslaughter in George Floyd’s death
- Cancer drug may treat severe COVID-19, study finds
- Facebook promised to remove “sensitive” ads. Here’s what it left behind.by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 2:39 pm
- Schumer implores Fox News leaders to stop ‘amplification’ of ‘replacement theory’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 18, 2022 at 11:54 am