These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Current Affairs Magazine Left Biased based on story selection that favors the left and High for factual reporting due to excellent sourcing of information and a clean fact check record.
Current Affairs is a magazine that publishes bi-monthly in print and online. It was started by Nathan J. Robinson, a PhD student at Harvard University in 2015 via a kickstarter campaign. Its stated aims are to be an informative and entertaining independent publication. Current affairs covers politics and culture. They state their mission as “to produce the world’s first readable political publication and to make life joyful again.” The current editor is Nathan J. Robinson.
Funded by / Ownership
Current Affairs is held by Current Affairs, LLC. Revenue is generated through subscription fees, donations and a shop that sells merchandise.
Analysis / Bias
In review, Current Affairs reports on politics and culture with a left leaning bias in story selection. There is moderate use of loaded language in headlines such as this: FREEDOM-LOVING AMERICANS SHOULD DEMAND UNIVERSAL HEALTHCARE. This long form article is well researched and perfectly sourced to highly credible information. In another article HOW THE LEFT SHOULD THINK ABOUT TRADE there is again excellent sourcing of information. In general, most stories on Current Affairs favor the political left through the endorsement of policy and Democratic politicians, however is highly factual through proper sourcing.
A factual search reveals they have not failed a fact check.
Overall, we rate Current Affairs Magazine Left Biased based on story selection that favors the left and High for factual reporting due to excellent sourcing of information and a clean fact check record. (D. Van Zandt 12/15/2016) Updated (5/17/2019)
Last Updated on February 10, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Australia set to get new PM after Scott Morrison’s ruling conservatives projected to lose electionby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 12:53 pm
- Biden says US has offered vaccines to North Korea but got no responseby newsfactsnetwork on May 21, 2022 at 12:43 pm
- MBFC’s Daily Source Bias Check: International Press Instituteby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/21/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 10:15 am
- U.S. stops controlled burns nationwide after New Mexico disasterby Media Bias Fact Check on May 21, 2022 at 3:43 am