These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
- Overall, we rate Moon of Alabama Left Biased based on story selection and word choices that consistently favor progressives and Mixed factually due to anonymity associated with who runs the site. Otherwise, the Moon of Alabama is well sourced to credible/factual information.
Factual Reporting: MIXED
World Press Freedom Rank: USA 45/180
Moon Of Alabama is a political blog founded in 2004 and according to its about page they are an independent and open forum for members of another blog called the Whiskey Bar. Moon Of Alabama states it purpose as “to discuss politics, economics, philosophy and blogger Billmon’s Whiskey Bar writings.” A Daily Kos article describes Blogger Billmon (pseudonym) as one of the earliest and leading guest bloggers of Daily Kos and a self-admitted financial writer working for a big Wall Street firm.
Funded by / Ownership
The editor and the person who runs the blog is anonymous and the about page states that “Bernhard started and still runs the site and you can reach the current administrator of this site by emailing Bernhard at MoonofA_at_aol.com (replacing _at_ with @).” The Moon of Alabama does not have advertising, but they do have a donate button, so we assume this is the primary method of funding.
Moon of Alabama looks at the issues from a progressive perspective, for example, this article describes Trump’s cabinet as follows: “Soon Netanyahoo will have the cabinet in place in DC he always dreamed of. A hawkish Pompeo at State, a real torturer as head of the CIA and now Bolton are already sufficient to protect Israel’s further expansion” The majority of blog posts utilizes emotionally loaded headlines such as “Trump Asks Russia To Roll Over – It Won’t” and “John Bolton Wants No Deal With North Korea Or Iran – But Is There Any Other Choice?”
Moon of Alabama utilizes factually mixed sources such as RT News, Fox News, as well as credible sources such as Bloomberg, NY Times, Haaretz, The Jerusalem Post, Politico, cisac.fsi.stanford.edu and blogs such as johnhelmer.org. Generally, all information is sourced properly with hyperlinks to mostly known media sources.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Moon of Alabama Left Biased based on story selection and word choices that consistently favor progressives and Mixed factually due to anonymity associated with who runs the site. Otherwise, the Moon of Alabama is well sourced to credible/factual information. (M. Huitsing 6/6/2018) Updated (6/22/2020)
Last Updated on June 22, 2020 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Taliban enforces face-cover order for female TV anchorsby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 2:43 pm
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am