These media sources are slightly to moderately conservative in bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor conservative causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Right-Center sources.
- Overall, we rate AL.com Right-Center Biased based on an editorial bias that slightly favors the right and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: RIGHT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
AL.com is a news and information site based in Alabama-USA that is a portal for Alabama newspapers. AL.com publishes Alabama news as well as national and international news.
Funded by / Ownership
AL.com is owned by the Alabama Media Group, which also owns The Birmingham News, The Huntsville Times, and Mobile’s Press-Register. The Alabama Media Group is then, in turn, owned by Advance Publications. The company dates to the early 1920s and is owned by the Newhouse family. Together with his brother Samuel “Si” Newhouse Jr., Donald Newhouse owns Advance Publications. The New Yorker, Vanity Fair, and Reddit are all produced by Advance Publications.
Analysis / Bias
In reviewing AL.com’scontent, the headlines and articles use minimally loaded words and typically quote right-leaning sources that are credible. Editorially, they have a slight right-leaning bias and employ known right-wing columnists, such as Cameron Smith, Vice President of the R Street Institute, a conservative and libertarian think tank based in Washington, D.C. They generally report the news factually and with a moderate conservative bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate AL.com Right-Center Biased based on an editorial bias that slightly favors the right and High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing and a clean fact check record. (M. Huitsing 8/7/2017) Updated (12/26/2021)
Last Updated on January 9, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/17/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 10:15 am