These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
Update: this source has not published new material in several years and is classified as retired.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
World Press Freedom Rank: Israel 88/180
Molad The Center for the Renewal of Israeli Democracy is a progressive Israeli think tank founded in 2012 by Avner Inbar and Assaf Sharon. They describe themselves on their about page as: “an independent, non-partisan Israeli think tank” and their vision as “Our vision combines progressive values with a realistic approach to the political and geopolitical challenges of Israeli reality.” Maan News defines Molad as “anti-settlement think-tank Molad.”
Molad covers the topics under three content categories: security and state, citizenship, and socio-economics.” They publish reports such as: “Alliance in Crisis: Israel’s Standing in the World and the Question of Isolation,” which is criticized by ngo-monitor.org as a one-sided report “placing sole responsibility for the continuation of the conflict and unfavorable international opinion on Israeli policies in the West Bank and Gaza.”
Molad typically publishes analysis that is sourced well mainly through quotes, however, they do utilize loaded language in their headlines and articles such as: “A right-wing hoax.” Overall, this Think Tank is strongly biased toward progressive causes through story selection, therefore we rate them Left Biased and High for factual reporting. (M. Huitsing 9/28/2017)
Last Updated on September 19, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
The Latest from MBFC Bias and Fact Checks - Media News
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/25/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Black Main Streetby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 25, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/24/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 24, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: WCAXby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 24, 2022 at 8:00 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 06/23/2022by Media Bias/Fact Check on June 23, 2022 at 10:30 am
- Daily Source Bias Check: Science.Newsby Media Bias/Fact Check on June 23, 2022 at 8:00 am