These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Notes: The Center for Media and Democracy (CMD) is a non-partisan progressive watchdog group led by Lisa Graves. CMD manages this website, SourceWatch.org. As noted on SourceWatch’s sister site, PRWatch.org, CMD “strengthens participatory democracy by investigating and exposing public relations spin and propaganda such as corporate greenwashing, and by promoting media literacy and citizen journalism.” CMD also manages the BanksterUSA website. CMD was founded in 1993 by John Stauber. Some contend that CMD is not neutral. CMD has been criticized for having an anti-corporate viewpoint. CMD clearly has left wing bias in reporting, but there isn’t evidence of any false claims made by this group.
Latest from the Center for Media and Democracy
- Pruitt Emails Reveal Communications with ALEC and Koch Groups March 7, 2017 2:52 pm
- Election Losses Don’t Stop Corporate Efforts to Block Voter-Approved Minimum Wage Hikes December 23, 2016 9:55 pm
- Trump Urged to Put Nation Before Family Profits December 23, 2016 5:13 pm
- Bayer Makes Deal With GMO Giant Monsanto September 29, 2016 5:00 pm
- Highlights of Luntz Poll of American CEOs Shows Broad Support for Progressive Policies April 4, 2016 1:21 pm
- Exposed: Most CEOs Support Paid Sick Leave, Increased Minimum Wage, and More But Chamber Lobbyists Told How to "Combat" These Measures April 4, 2016 1:19 pm
- Anti-Muslim CEO Is Key Walker Ally February 4, 2016 3:53 pm
- How Charles Koch Backed the John Birch Society at the Height of Its Attacks on Martin Luther King January 18, 2016 4:03 pm
- Kochs Hit the Airwaves in Support of Corruption Measures October 29, 2015 11:29 am
- Scott Walker's Day One Plan to "Wreak Havoc" Lifted from ALEC September 10, 2015 5:49 pm