These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Notes: The Center for Media and Democracy (CMD) is a non-partisan progressive watchdog group led by Lisa Graves. CMD manages this website, SourceWatch.org. As noted on SourceWatch’s sister site, PRWatch.org, CMD “strengthens participatory democracy by investigating and exposing public relations spin and propaganda such as corporate greenwashing, and by promoting media literacy and citizen journalism.” CMD also manages the BanksterUSA website. CMD was founded in 1993 by John Stauber. Some contend that CMD is not neutral. CMD has been criticized for having an anti-corporate viewpoint (Wikipedia).
Latest from the Center for Media and Democracy
- Pruitt Emails Reveal Communications with ALEC and Koch Groups March 7, 2017 2:52 pm
- Election Losses Don’t Stop Corporate Efforts to Block Voter-Approved Minimum Wage Hikes December 23, 2016 9:55 pm
- Trump Urged to Put Nation Before Family Profits December 23, 2016 5:13 pm
- ALEC’s Little Brother, ACCE, Has Big Plans for 2017 December 20, 2016 3:19 pm
- 5 Things to Know about Billionaire Betsy DeVos, Trump Education Choice November 23, 2016 9:10 pm
- Speaker Paul Ryan Tries to Change the Topic October 14, 2016 8:42 pm
- Bayer Makes Deal With GMO Giant Monsanto September 29, 2016 5:00 pm
- Black Lives, Blue Lives, and the Fight Over Criminal Justice in America July 27, 2016 4:05 pm
- ALEC 2016 Agenda Boosts Charters, Coal, and Other Corporate Funders July 26, 2016 6:21 pm
- Trump Promises Law and Order for an America He Says Is in Crisis July 22, 2016 2:07 pm