These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, American Public Media is Left-Center Biased based on story selection that slightly favors the left but is always well-sourced and factually accurate.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: USA (44/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Organization/Foundation
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2004, American Public Media (APM) is the second-largest producer and distributor of public radio programs in the United States after NPR. APR produces content for NPR.
Funded by / Ownership
American Public Media Group is the parent company of American Public Media, Minnesota Public Radio, and Southern California Public Radio. APMG operates Public Radio Market under license from American Public Media.
Analysis / Bias
In review, like NPR, American Public Media does not use loaded words, and all information is sourced correctly. Specifically, they use BBC as their primary news source, which is highly credible with a slight leftward bias in story selection.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, American Public Media is Left-Center Biased based on story selection that slightly favors the left but is always well-sourced and factually accurate. (D. Van Zandt 2/23/2018) Updated (12/25/2021)
Last Updated on January 3, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- First-quarter GDP declined 1.5%, worse than thought; jobless claims edge lowerby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 6:40 pm
- A massive new study confirms vaccinated people are still at risk of long COVIDby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 4:43 pm
- Senate GOP planning to block domestic terrorism bill that Democrats have tied to gunsby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 3:43 pm
- How the NRA evolved from backing a 1934 ban on machine guns to blocking nearly all firearm restrictions todayby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 1:47 pm
- ‘WHO Has No Authority to Dictate U.S. Health Policy’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 26, 2022 at 1:43 pm