- Overall, we rate the Miami Standard Right Biased and Questionable due to the use of poor sources, failed fact checks, and a complete lack of transparency.
Questionable Reasoning: Pseudoscience, Propaganda, Failed Fact Checks, Poor Sourcing, Plagiarism, Lack of Transparency
Bias Rating: RIGHT
Factual Reporting: MIXED
Press Freedom Rank: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Website
Traffic/Popularity: Medium Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Founded in 2021, the Miami Standard is an anonymously published news website covering Florida and National news. The website lacks transparency as they do not have an about page, disclose ownership, or name authors.
Funded by / Ownership
The Miami Standard lacks transparency as they do not disclose who owns them. Advertising and an online shop that sells branded merchandise generate revenue.
Analysis / Bias
The Miami Standard does not produce original content or name authors. Each article is published by “Miami Standard Staff News.” Furthermore, each article appears to be copied and pasted from other sources resulting in blatant plagiarism. The website does not change the headlines or provide a link to the source.
The Miami Standard plagiarizes credible sources such as the Associated Press, RFI, and local media such as nbcmiami.com. We also found that they summarize articles from other sources, such as the Right-Wing conspiracy website Infowars.
Editorially, they negatively view the Biden Administration republishing articles from questionable sources such as the Gateway Pundit, which routinely fails fact checks Biden Gang Caught Altering Another Transcript to Eliminate Another Biden Gaffe. Further, they republish Covid-19 misinformation and anti-vaccination propaganda from the discredited Natural News website, such as this Vatican’s support for vaccines and mandates makes it COMPLICIT in vaccine deaths. Finally, some of their articles have failed fact checks. In general, the Miami Standard is right-biased and not always factual.
Failed Fact Checks
- California introduces new bill that would allow mothers to kill their babies up to 7 days after birth’ – False
- Treasury Department declares IRS will monitor transactions of all U.S. bank accounts over $600 – False
Overall, we rate the Miami Standard Right Biased and Questionable due to the use of poor sources, failed fact checks, and a complete lack of transparency. (D. Van Zandt 05/07/2022)
Last Updated on May 7, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- U.S. Senate Gives Final Congressional Approval To $40 Billion Aid Package For Ukraineby Media Bias Fact Check on May 19, 2022 at 10:17 pm
- Finland and Sweden Apply for NATO Membershipby Media Bias Fact Check on May 19, 2022 at 5:59 pm
- New Twitter policy aims to pierce fog of war misinformationby Media Bias Fact Check on May 19, 2022 at 5:43 pm
- Biden To Meet Swedish, Finnish Leaders On NATO Membershipby newsfactsnetwork on May 19, 2022 at 2:24 pm
- Texas asks Supreme Court to keep state social media censorship law in effectby newsfactsnetwork on May 19, 2022 at 12:17 pm