Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Country: USA (45/180 Press Freedom)
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1987, the Miami New Times (MNT) is the online version of the local newspaper of the same name. Most of the site’s content is, as one would expect, Miami-specific. The current editor is Tom Finkel.
Funded by / Ownership
The Miami New Times is owned by Voice Media Group, which owns several alternative newsweeklies. Revenue is derived through advertising and sponsored content.
Analysis / Bias
In review, the Miami New times covers arts, culture, and news concerning the Miami area. Most stories are factual and presented with a left-leaning bias such as this Florida: Where Vaccine Distribution Is Gamified, Everyone Is Confused, and We All Must Compete. After reviewing 10+ stories we have determined that his source is left-center biased and have adjusted accordingly.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate Miami New Times Left-Center biased based on editorial positions that favor the left. We also rate them High for factual reporting due to proper soucing and a clean fact check record. (D. Kelley 3/4/2017) Updated (3/19/2021)
Last Updated on March 19, 2021 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- First-quarter GDP declined 1.5%, worse than thought; jobless claims edge lowerby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 6:40 pm
- A massive new study confirms vaccinated people are still at risk of long COVIDby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 4:43 pm
- Senate GOP planning to block domestic terrorism bill that Democrats have tied to gunsby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 3:43 pm
- How the NRA evolved from backing a 1934 ban on machine guns to blocking nearly all firearm restrictions todayby newsfactsnetwork on May 26, 2022 at 1:47 pm
- ‘WHO Has No Authority to Dictate U.S. Health Policy’by Media Bias Fact Check on May 26, 2022 at 1:43 pm