These media sources have a slight to moderate liberal bias. They often publish factual information that utilizes loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by appeals to emotion or stereotypes) to favor liberal causes. These sources are generally trustworthy for information but may require further investigation. See all Left-Center sources.
- Overall, they mostly lean left in their word choice bias; therefore, we rate them Left-Center biased and HIGH for factual reporting based on proper sourcing, and a clean fact check record.
Bias Rating: LEFT-CENTER
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Newspaper
Traffic/Popularity: High Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1884, La Presse is a French Language weekly newspaper from Montreal, Canada. La Presse publishes news and current affairs. According to the CBC, during the 2015 Canadian Federal Election, La Presse endorsed Justin Trudeau’s Liberals.
Read our profile on the Canadian government’s influence on media.
Funded by / Ownership
La Presse is owned by La Presse Inc. and is funded through an advertising and subscription model.
Analysis / Bias
La Presse publishes stories with moderately loaded emotional headlines, such as: “Two journalists insulted by Trump are questioning his mental health,” They always source from credible media such as Agence France-Presse and AP. Story selection tends to favor the left slightly. Finally, a Reuters institute survey found that 74% of respondents trust their news coverage and 8% do not, ranking them #2 in trust among the major French-language Canadian news providers.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, they mostly lean left in their word choice bias; therefore, we rate them Left-Center biased and HIGH for factual reporting based on proper sourcing, and a clean fact check record. (M. Huitsing 9/11/2017) Updated (03/28/2022)
Last Updated on March 28, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Biden urges all Americans to reject ‘poison’ of white supremacy after Buffalo mass shootingby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 5:49 pm
- Sweden Signs NATO Admission Request; Finnish Lawmakers Set To Formally Endorse Moveby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 1:15 pm
- Dems turn focus to racist ‘replacement theory’ post-Buffalo shootingby Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 12:36 pm
- Truth Social has no ad revenue, but banks on exclusive Donald Trump postsby newsfactsnetwork on May 17, 2022 at 12:25 pm
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/17/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 17, 2022 at 10:15 am