These sources consist of legitimate science or are evidence-based through the use of credible scientific sourcing. Legitimate science follows the scientific method, is unbiased, and does not use emotional words. These sources also respect the consensus of experts in the given scientific field and strive to publish peer-reviewed science. Some sources in this category may have a slight political bias but adhere to scientific principles. See all Pro-Science sources.
- Overall, we rate The American Psychoanalytic Association (APsaA) as a pro-science source based on the promotion of science-supported by scientists and experts in the field.
Bias Rating: PRO-SCIENCE (LEFT-LEANING)
Factual Reporting: HIGH
Press Freedom Rating: MOSTLY FREE
Media Type: Organization/Foundation
Traffic/Popularity: Minimal Traffic
MBFC Credibility Rating: HIGH CREDIBILITY
Founded in 1911, American Psychoanalytic Association (APsaA) is an association of psychoanalysts in the United States. APsaA serves as a scientific and professional organization focusing on education, research, and membership development. The APsaA also publishes a peer-reviewed scientific journal called the Journal of the American Psychoanalytic Association.
According to their vision statement, “The American Psychoanalytic Association, valuing the development and complexity of the mind and human relationships seeks to advance clinical, scholarly, scientific and social progress.”
Funded by / Ownership
The American Association for the Advancement of Science is the parent organization and funded through donations and subscription fees.
Analysis / Bias
The American Psychoanalytic Association (APsaA) promotes its association and events on the website. They also publish news articles related to the field, such as this Juneteenth and the APsaA Community. Editorially, they generally promote a left-leaning agenda such as this APsaA Denounces Court Decision on Conversion Therapy. This report is considered pro-science as Conversion therapy is considered a dangerous pseudoscience. In general, they are factual and support the consensus of science with a left-leaning bias.
Failed Fact Checks
- None in the Last 5 years
Overall, we rate The American Psychoanalytic Association (APsaA) as a pro-science source based on the promotion of science-supported by scientists and experts in the field. (D. Van Zandt 7/26/2017) Updated (02/11/2022)
Last Updated on February 11, 2022 by Media Bias Fact Check
News Facts Network Verified Factual News
- Taliban enforces face-cover order for female TV anchorsby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 2:43 pm
- Japanese and U.S. officials walk out of APEC meet to protest Russiaby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:34 am
- Monkeypox is a ‘concern for everybody’ and US is looking into treatments and vaccines, says Bidenby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:26 am
- Hillary Clinton approved Trump-Russia leak to media, campaign manager saysby newsfactsnetwork on May 22, 2022 at 11:22 am
- The Latest Fact Checks curated by Media Bias Fact Check 05/22/2022by Media Bias Fact Check on May 22, 2022 at 10:15 am